People in Albuquerque may think getting busted with a little marijuana results in only a ticket and a fine. But state police officers were sent to Albuquerque in May to crack down on crime, and they’re enforcing state law. That means there’s still a way for even small amounts of weed or paraphernalia to put people here in cuffs.
Video: Deputy Used Stun Gun On Student With Disability - The Associated Press A northern New Mexico sheriff's deputy is facing criticism after a video showed him using a stun gun on a high school student with a disability. This story corrects a previous version to say the student used the slur not the deputy.
This week on The Children's Hour , we’re broadcasting live from Albuquerque’s Open Space Visitor Center with Albuquerque Mayor Tim Keller . The Kids Crew will follow up on our interview from when he first took office. With featured musical guest Robb Janov , and a special performance by the New Mexico Peace Choir . Everyone is invited to join us at the Open Space Visitor Center on Saturday June 1, when doors will open at 8:30am. The whole family is welcome to be part of this live broadcast, then stay to enjoy the beautiful bosque.
- Best Friends by Sheri Joint Relief Nap Mat in Ilan, Tide Pool, 27 x36 x2
- Dodson & Horrell Unisex's DHL0980 Dodson and Horrell Electrolytes, Clear, 15 kg
- FJH Removable And Washable Oxford Cloth Cat Bed Nonstick Hair Pet Supplies Bite Resistant Kennel Four Seasons Universal (Size L)
- HTMAL Luxury Cat Scratch Board Beauty Cat Cat Scratch Board Cat Litter Oneend Grinding Claw Coffee Table Wear greenical Cat Claw Board Corrugated Paper Cat Toy Can Be Used As A Coffee Table
- KESS InHouse OC1068ADM02 Oriana Cordero Tropico V2 Aqua Green Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
- Looking back is the shore Cat cat Litter cat Litter cat House Removable and Washable Closed cat Sleeping Bag Winter cat Litter cat pad Hamster cat House cat House pet cat Supplies pet Bed (Size M)
- One drag two Doorbell, A Super LongRange Wireless Doorbell with Light Tips, Multiple Ring Tones (Black) (Edition One Drag Two)
- Pet Rageous 3.5 Cup Dune Dog Bowl, 6 , bluee Ombre
- Buckle-Down Seatbelt Buckle Dog Collar H2 Black Silver Logo Repeat 1 Wide Fits 15-26 Neck Large
- Red Dog Raincoat Jacket, Dog Rain Jacket, Designer Rainy Days Dog Slicker for the Best Fashion Pets (L)
- Aquascape AQSC Collapsible Fish Net Black Coarse Mesh, 17-Inch by BFG Supply
Let's Talk New Mexico
Let's Talk New Mexico 5/23 8a: Higher than average rainfall and snowpack means we're experiencing one of its wettest springs in decades. The Rio Grande is running ten times higher than it was at this time during last year's drought. So much water increases flood risks and challenges us to remain conservation minded. Has all the rain changed your plans for farming or planting gardens? How are you remaining water conscious? Do you plan to go river rafting or sailing on one of our state’s lakes this year? Email LetsTalk@KUNM.org, tweet us using the hashtag #LetsTalkNM or call in live during the show.
It's awards season for journalists and we're proud to annouce that the New Mexico Broadcasters Association has recogized KUNM news coverage for Excellence in Broadcasting with top awards for Breaking News, Feature News, Continuing Coverage, Legislative Coverage, Best Student Newscaster and Student Reporter.
University Showcase 5/17 8a: Jim Linnell was six months away from retirement from the University of New Mexico when he became a quadriplegic. His new book, “Take It Lying Down,” chronicles his life since the accident.
Public Health New Mexico
Neoprene exterior insulates the frozen gel pockets keeping the boots colder longer thus increasing the therapy time
Smooth nylon lining eliminates the potential for damaging the tissue from exposing the skin directly to ice while also preventing dirt shavings and debris from sticking to the boots
Extended hook and loop straps allow easy application for all horses
Having a lot of abandoned or foreclosed homes in your community can hurt morale and drag down property values. A group of neighborhood associations in Southeast Albuquerque are taking things into their own hands.