People in Albuquerque may think getting busted with a little marijuana results in only a ticket and a fine. But state police officers were sent to Albuquerque in May to crack down on crime, and they’re enforcing state law. That means there’s still a way for even small amounts of weed or paraphernalia to put people here in cuffs.
Video: Deputy Used Stun Gun On Student With Disability - The Associated Press A northern New Mexico sheriff's deputy is facing criticism after a video showed him using a stun gun on a high school student with a disability. This story corrects a previous version to say the student used the slur not the deputy.
This week on The Children's Hour , we’re broadcasting live from Albuquerque’s Open Space Visitor Center with Albuquerque Mayor Tim Keller . The Kids Crew will follow up on our interview from when he first took office. With featured musical guest Robb Janov , and a special performance by the New Mexico Peace Choir . Everyone is invited to join us at the Open Space Visitor Center on Saturday June 1, when doors will open at 8:30am. The whole family is welcome to be part of this live broadcast, then stay to enjoy the beautiful bosque.
- Electronic Photocatalyst Mosquito Killer lamp Mosquito Repellent Bug Insect Electronic USB UV Mosquito Killer Light White
- Horze One4all Seasons Club Jacket
- Kess InHouse Michelle Drew Scallops Fleece Dog Bed, 30 by 40Inch, Pink Teal
- Midlee orange Prisoner Costume (Medium)
- Pet Bed Pet Cat Doghouse Cats Sleeping Bag House Bed Cat Mat Pet Supplies Smoke
- Pooper Scoopers Shit Cleaning Tool Pet Toilet Cleaning Hyena Supplies Dog Shovel Shovel Clip Pick Up Toilet (color bluee, Size Garbage Bag)
- Pride Pet Doors Rubber Assembly Replacement Pet Door Medium (14.5L x 10.5W) Accessory by Pride Pet Doors
- C 514518 C 514518 Pet house kennel Washable Small dog pet bed Pet mat Pet nest Cat nest Warm and comfortable Four seasons available (color C, Size 51 45 18)
- D 40x31x6cm D 40x31x6cm WUTOLUO Pet Bolster Dog Bed Comfort Kennel dog mat (color D, Size 40x31x6cm)
- DIYthinker March April Aries Constellation Pattern Anti-Slip Floor Pet Mat Square Home Kitchen Door 80Cm Gift
- KESS InHouse Tobe Fonseca Spring Pattern Chevron Pink Multicolor Mixed Media Pet Bowl, 4.75 Diameter
- 0 DENOIX Suspensory Branch shoes Tredter Suspensor RAMIX Front OR HIND (Sold by Pair) (0)
- One-Time Pet Training and Puppy Pad Urinal Pad for Dog Super Absorption and No Leakage(3 Packs),XL
- pink Red Large pink Red Large SELCNG Pet Carrying Case Traveling Portable Breathable Shoulder Diagonal Portable Scrub Pet Pack (Large, pink Red)
- Wood_color l wood_color l SuyunPP Pet Sleeping Mat Mats Cat Mats Cat Mats Ice Mats Mats Pets Cooling Ice Silk Summer Mats Sleeping Mats
- Akc Beefhide Donuts 10 Pack Medium (3.5 )
Let's Talk New Mexico
Let's Talk New Mexico 5/23 8a: Higher than average rainfall and snowpack means we're experiencing one of its wettest springs in decades. The Rio Grande is running ten times higher than it was at this time during last year's drought. So much water increases flood risks and challenges us to remain conservation minded. Has all the rain changed your plans for farming or planting gardens? How are you remaining water conscious? Do you plan to go river rafting or sailing on one of our state’s lakes this year? Email LetsTalk@KUNM.org, tweet us using the hashtag #LetsTalkNM or call in live during the show.
It's awards season for journalists and we're proud to annouce that the New Mexico Broadcasters Association has recogized KUNM news coverage for Excellence in Broadcasting with top awards for Breaking News, Feature News, Continuing Coverage, Legislative Coverage, Best Student Newscaster and Student Reporter.
University Showcase 5/17 8a: Jim Linnell was six months away from retirement from the University of New Mexico when he became a quadriplegic. His new book, “Take It Lying Down,” chronicles his life since the accident.
Public Health New Mexico
Having a lot of abandoned or foreclosed homes in your community can hurt morale and drag down property values. A group of neighborhood associations in Southeast Albuquerque are taking things into their own hands.